Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I Sought the Lord and He heard my CRY!




 







There is sometimes an expectation that is put on Christians today that "if you are saved, you should be happy" all the time. It is true that when we are saved we have a PEACE that passes ALL understanding and that when hard times come we do have the answer- we can go to the Lord and "CRY" unto Him and KNOW that He hears, He cares, and He WILL answer according to His will. However, this does not take aways every emotion that we humanly feel. This does not mean that when hard times come I will always feel like jumping and shouting for Joy. But there will be times when I NEED to cry. Thank God we have a Saviour that we can "Cry" unto and He is always near.  Great men of God cryed. The bible says that even "JESUS" wept when he went to see Lazarus in the grave. He was going there to raise Lazarus up from the grave. Jesus knew that Lazarus would rise again, and yet the bible says that Jesus wept! Despite all that He knew, His human emotions came out and Jesus wept because He loved Lazarus! I just want to encourage those who may be going through some hard trial, some great grief, some devestating loss... It is OK to CRY! If you need to cry then let it out. Cry unto the Lord and He will draw nigh. The Bible says










Psalms 34:18

 

The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a CONTRITE spirit.


Psalms 51:17

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a CONTRITE heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
It does not say, if you are saved you better never cry! NO! It says He is near when your heart is broken, when your spirit is broken, when your heart is contrite! If you are sad, cry out to God! He is near and He will comfort you!

2 Samuel 22:7
In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my CRY did enter into his ears.

Psalms 18:6
In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my CRY came before him, even into his ears.

Psalms 61:2
From the end of the earth will I CRY unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

Psalms 107:28
Then they CRY unto the LORD in their trouble, and he bringeth them out of their distresses.

Isaiah 54:1
Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and CRY aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the LORD.

Joel 1:14
Sanctify ye a fast, call a solemn assembly, gather the elders and all the inhabitants of the land into the house of the LORD your God, and CRY unto the LORD,

Luke 18:7
And shall not God avenge his own elect, which CRY day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

Luke 19:40
And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately CRY out.

Genesis 37:35
And all his sons and all his daughters rose up to comfort him; but he refused to be comforted; and he said, For I will go down into the grave unto my son mourning. Thus his father WEPT for him.

Genesis 45:14
And he fell upon his brother Benjamin's neck, and wept; and Benjamin WEPT upon his neck.

Genesis 46:29
And Joseph made ready his chariot, and went up to meet Israel his father, to Goshen, and presented himself unto him; and he fell on his neck, and WEPT on his neck a good while.

Genesis 50:1
And Joseph fell upon his father's face, and WEPT upon him, and kissed him.

Genesis 50:17
So shall ye say unto Joseph, Forgive, I pray thee now, the trespass of thy brethren, and their sin; for they did unto thee evil: and now, we pray thee, forgive the trespass of the servants of the God of thy father. And Joseph WEPT when they spake unto him.

2 Samuel 1:12
And they mourned, and wept, and fasted until even, for Saul, and for Jonathan his son, and for the people of the LORD, and for the house of Israel; because they were fallen by the sword.

2 Kings 8:11
And he settled his countenance stedfastly, until he was ashamed: and the man of God wept.

John 11:35
Jesus wept.

Acts 20:37
And they all WEPT sore, and fell on Paul's neck, and kissed him,

No comments:

Post a Comment