Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Make A Joyful Noise Unto The Lord!


Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise. Sing unto the LORD with the harp; with the harp, and the voice of a psalm. With trumpets and sound of cornet make a joyful noise before the LORD, the King. Let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. Let the floods clap their hands: let the hills be joyful together

Psalms 98:4-8

With all the Holidays just around the corner, and all the different events being planned, and all the "works" being done in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ it is easy to get stressed out and have your "Joy" fizzle away! And isn't that just what the devil would like? For us, God's saints, to be so worn out that we can't even make a joyful noise? That we are unable to be thankful. That we are unable to "shine" for Jesus?

There are SO many things that can threaten to steal away that Joy and cause us to just throw up our hands and say, "what's the use anyways?! Forget it!". But that would not be a joyful noise for us, for the souls we are trying to reach, or (most importantly) to the Lord! One thing I am learning is when life tries to take away my joy by all the different happenings that I have no control over, I have to just get on my knees and ask God to help me get my focus off of the turmoil and hustle and craziness and back on to Him. Help me to keep my eyes on the Lord. Help me to do my best to have my focus on keeping the right attitude, the right spirit, and the right vision by keeping Him and His purpose (not my own)as my focal point. When I do that I find that the load all the sudden becomes much lighter and my "Joy" becomes UNSPEAKABLE and then I am able to "MAKE A JOYFUL NOISE UNTO THE LORD!"

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all ye Lands!
Make a joyful noise to the LORD!
Serve the Lord with GLADNESS
Serve the LORD with GLADNESS!
Come before his presence with singing

Know ye that the Lord
He is GOD
It is He that hath made us
and not we ourselves

We are His people
We are His people
And the sheep of His Pasture!

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all ye Lands!
Make a joyful noise to the LORD!
Serve the Lord with GLADNESS
Serve the LORD with GLADNESS!
Come before his presence with singing

Know ye that the Lord
He is GOD!
It is He that hath made us
and not we ourselves.

We are His people
We are His people
And the sheep of His Pasture!

Enter into his gates with thanksgiving and praise
Be thankful unto the Lord and bless his name.
For the Lord is good, his mercy is ever lasting
And his truth endureth to all generations.
Make a joyful noise...Unto the Lord

1 comment:

  1. That was a joyful reading! Thanks for the reminder- we have so much to be joyful about!!! The Joy set before us in heaven!!!!

    ReplyDelete