Saturday, September 18, 2010

Give Thanks With A Grateful Heart!


Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be THANKFUL unto him, and bless his name.
Psalms 100:4

I have had the thought of "Thankfulness" on my heart for a while. I believe God LOVES to hear praises of a thankful heart! I know that as a mother when I do things for my children I like to hear them be thankful. I like to know that they appreciate what I have worked hard to give them or teach them. It makes me feel good inside when I see them being "thankful" for what I have sacrificed my time, effort, and desires to make sure they are growing up healthy and happy. On the other hand, if they act spoiled, ungrateful, or just "take for granted" the things I have strived so hard to do for them, that makes me frustrated, disappointed and sometimes even a little angry.

I believe that God is no different. God is our Spiritual parent. He is our creator. He is our Father. He sacrificed His most precious possession, His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, so that we (the world) might be able to make heaven our home. He gave us the gift of salvation. He gave us hope. He gave us His love. He provides our every need, both physically and spiritually. God gives us everything we need and He LOVES to hear us be THANKFUL for what He has given! Let us enter into His gates with "Thanksgiving"!

Give thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks to the Holy one
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ His Son!

And now let the weak say I am strong
Let the poor say I am rich
Because of what the Lord has done for us!

Give thanks, He forgave my SIN!
Give thanks, I have peace within
Give thanks, because I have blest Liberty
I'm FREE!

GIVE THANKS!
We give thanks to you Lord!
We give THANKS!!!

1 comment: